File Transfer Protocol (FTP) is a standard network protocol used to transfer files from one host to another host over a TCP-based network, such as the Internet.
Webuzo allows users to install Pure-FTPd by just a click of a button from the Webuzo Enduser Panel. Pure-FTPd is actively supported, and it was always designed with security in mind, and the code is always re-audited as new kind of vulnerabilities are discussed.
FileZilla Client is a fast and reliable cross-platform FTP, FTPS and SFTP client with lots of useful features and an intuitive graphical user interface.
This guide gives a quick walk through to FTP to your server using FileZilla.
1) Make sure the Pure-FTPd service is up and running.
You can restart it for once.
2) Switch to Active mode in File Zilla
1) Login to Webuzo Enduser Panel >> Add FTP to create a FTP user
2) Navigate to Webuzo Enduser Panel >> Manage FTP to get the list of FTP users on your server and related details.
3) FTP to your account using the details.
Host : domain.com
Username : firstname.lastname@example.org
Fixing the “Unable to connect” issue
1) Error “Server sent passive reply with unroutable address. Using server address instead.”
This issue persists because the server is unable to connect in passive mode.
2) Switch to Active mode in File Zilla and you are in.
Goto File Zilla >> Edit >> Settings >> Connection >> FTP >> Passive mode >> “Fall back to active”
3) Re-connect your FTP user !!!
Voila !!! Done.