Cron jobs are scheduled tasks that take place at predefined times or intervals on the server. Often, a cron job is a series of simple tasks executed from a script file. For example, you could set a cron job to delete temporary files every month considering a cleanup to manage disk space.
Webuzo provides a very Simple and Easy-to-Use Interface to help users setup a CRON task from the Webuzo Enduser Panel.
Note: Scheduling cron jobs to run too often may slow down your server.
The CRON Service is installed by default with every installation of Webuzo. All what you require to do is – Add/Edit/Delete your CRON Tasks.
This article will walk-through of Adding / Editing and Deleting CRON Jobs from the Webuzo Enduser Panel
Navigate to the CRON Jobs Menu in the Webuzo Enduser Panel >> Server Settings > Cron Job
Add Cron Job
To Add a cron job:
A) Set the interval at which you wish to run the Cron Job.
1) Minute — Enter the number of minutes between running the cron job, or the minute each hour on which you wish to run the cron job. Allowed values : 0-59
2) Hour — Enter the number of hours between running the cron job, or the hour each day on which you wish to run the cron job. Allowed values : 0-23
3) Day — Enter the number of days between running the cron job, or the day of the month on which you wish to run the cron job. Allowed values : 1-31
4) Month — Enter the number of months between running the cron job, or the month of the year in which you wish to run the cron job. Allowed values : 1-12 (or names)
5) Weekday — Enter the day(s) of the week on which you wish to run the cron job. Allowed values : 0-7 (or names)
6) Command — Type the command you wish the system to run.
That’s it !!! Click Add Cron Job.
List Cron Jobs
The Cron Job page displays the list of Cron Jobs set on the server for the user.
You can further manage (Edit/Delete) the Cron Jobs to suit your requirements.
Edit Cron Jobs
To Edit a Cron job:
1) Click on the Edit Button inline to the Cron Job which you wish to Edit.
2) Make the necessary changes. (Fields are similar as in the Add Cron Job Option)
3) Hit Save to store the changes/ update the Cron Task.
Delete Cron Jobs
To Delete a Cron job:
1) Click on the delete icon inline to the CRON you want to Delete.
2) You will be prompted to confirm your deletion.
3) Hit Yes to DELETE the CRON.
Webuzo Cron Demo : http://demo.webuzo.com/enduser/index.php?act=cronjob
Note: You can follow this guide to learn more about CRON activities.
CRON Guide : http://www.manpagez.com/man/5/crontab/
Hope that was Simple enough !!!