The Webuzo Team has launched phpMyAdmin 4.8.1 the latest version in the release branch.
Please check the change log below:
* Fix to the scrollbar functionality and Browse table CSS overflow
* Dropping indexes and keys fails
* Show two factor (2FA) secret code next to QR image
* Configuration for DefaultLang and Lang
* MariaDB 10.2 ‘current_timestamp()’
* Remember table sorting is broken
If you have any questions regarding the upgrade or any issues after upgrade let me know in the comments.
The Webuzo Team
The Webuzo team has launched MySQL 5.7 the latest version in the 5.x series.
You can read about the new features added, deprecated and changed in MySQL 5.7 at the Official Website
Since MySQL 5.7 incorporates number of changes to the Database structure as well as the Password mechanism please consider the following points before installing:
- Currently, We are not providing upgrades to MySQL 5.7 from any version of MySQL, Percona or MariaDB.
- Only Fresh installation’s of MySQL 5.7 are allowed, so If you have an existing Database then you may not be able to install MySQL 5.7
- During the initial launch MySQL 5.7 will be available on Cent OS and gradually support will be rolled out on Ubuntu
- Since we are installing MySQL 5.7 from the Vendor’s repo itself, MySQL will update itself whenever the OS updates.
For existing user’s using MySQL 5.6 we will provide an upgrade mechanism in a future release, so stay tuned.
Let me know if you have any questions in the comment section.
The Webuzo Team
We have updated Python to the latest version 2.7.14 which is the last version in the 2.x series.
- We have enabled pip which is an package management system used to install and manage software packages written in Python.
- Enabled Unicode support for Strings.
- You will now be able to use the SSL package in Python.
Review , Rate and View Demo of Python here:
This version of Python will not include the mod_wsgi module, due to restriction in the module compiling it before hand on our server is not possible.
If you require the module, please contact Support for further information.
We will be launching Python 3.x as a separate package very soon.
Webuzo LIGHTTPD Stack updated. LIGHTTPD (pronounced “lighty”) is an open-source web server more optimized for speed-critical environments than common products while remaining standards-compliant, secure and flexible. It is designed and optimized for high performance environments.
Review , Rate and View Demo of LIGHTTPD here:
We have updated PHP 5.5, 5.6 and 7.0 with MySQLnd and have removed MySQL Client Library.
MySQL Native Driver is a replacement for the MySQL Client Library (libmysqlclient). MySQL Native Driver is part of the official PHP sources as of PHP 5.3.0. With MySQL Native Driver there is now an alternative, as the MySQL database extensions can be compiled to use MySQL Native Driver instead of the MySQL Client Library. MySQL Native Driver is written in C as a PHP extension.
We highly recommend that all users update their respective PHP version to this release.
PHP is a widely-used general-purpose scripting language that is especially suited for Web development and can be embedded into HTML.
Review and Rate PHP 5.5 here:
Review and Rate PHP 5.6 here:
Review and Rate PHP 7.0 here:
Webuzo has added the ObjectDB StackScript to the Linode Library. ObjectDB is a powerful object oriented database management system (ODBMS). It is compact, reliable, easy to use and extremely fast.
Ready to Launch the ObjectDB StackScript to the Linode Library ? Click Here.
Review, Rate and View Demo of ObjectDB here:
Webuzo has added the OrientDB StackScript to the Linode Library. OrientDB is an Open Source NoSQL DBMS with the features of both Document and Graph DBMSs. Written in Java, it is incredibly fast.
Ready to Launch the OrientDB StackScript to the Linode Library ? Click Here.
Review, Rate and View Demo of OrientDB here:
Webuzo has added the Stratosphere StackScript to the Linode Library. Stratosphere is the next generation Big Data Analytics Platform.It features powerful programming abstractions in Java and Scala, a high-performance runtime, and automatic program optimization.
Ready to Launch the Stratosphere StackScript to the Linode Library ? Click Here.
Review, Rate and View Demo of Stratosphere here:
Webuzo has added the Apache Hive StackScript to the Linode Library. Apache Hive is data warehouse software facilitates querying and managing large datasets residing in distributed storage. Hive provides a mechanism to project structure onto this data and query the data using a SQL-like language called HiveQL.
Ready to Launch the Apache Hive StackScript to the Linode Library ? Click Here.
Review, Rate and View Demo of Apache Hive here: