WordPress is web software you can use to create a beautiful website or blog. We like to say that WordPress is both free and priceless at the same time.
More simply, WordPress is what you use when you want to work with your blogging software, not fight it. WordPress started in 2003 with a single bit of code to enhance the typography of everyday writing and with fewer users than you can count on your fingers and toes. Since then it has grown to be the largest self-hosted blogging tool in the world, used on hundreds of thousands of sites and seen by tens of millions of people every day.
Webuzo – an Application Stack which can be used on any Virtual Machine, is a Single User Control Panel which helps users deploy WordPress with it’s required dependencies like Apache, PHP, MySQL, etc) in the Amazon AWS Cloud by a click of a button using the Webuzo Cloud Launcher.
– Login to the Webuzo Cloud Launcher (http://webuzo.softaculous.com/cloud/index.php)
– Fill in your AWS Credentials (API Key and Secret Key).
– Get a Free Trial Virtual Appliance & Cloud License (if you do not have one) from here
Note : Other Webuzo Licenses can also be used.
– Click on Launch Application and Navigate to WordPress from the Blogs Category on the left. Alternately, use the search box.
– Fill in the details for your instance, e.g Type of Instance, Region for the Server, Webuzo License Key to be used, etc and Click Launch
– Sit back and relax. Your instance should be up within minutes
– Instance is up and running. Time to configure it.
– Configure your WordPress Application to manage the access to the WordPress Application and the Webuzo Panel.
– Voila !!! It’s Done. Access your WordPress Application
– Access the WordPress Admin Panel
– Access the WordPress User Interface
– Manage your AWS instance from the Home Menu
– Download the Keypair to be able to SSH to your AWS Instance
Some Striking Features about WordPress:
1) Full standards compliance
2) Changes you make to your templates or entries are reflected immediately on your site
3) Pages allow you to manage non-blog content easily, so for example you could have a static “About” page that you manage through WordPress.
4) Links allows you to create, maintain, and update any number of blogrolls through your administration interface. This is much faster than calling an external blogroll manager.
5) WordPress comes with a full theme system
6) Cross-blog communication tools : Trackback and Pingback
8) Spam protection
9) Full user registration
10) Password Protected Posts
11) Easy installation and upgrades
12) Easy Importing for Movable Type, Textpattern, Greymatter, Blogger, and b2
13) XML-RPC interface
14) Workflow : You can have types of users that can only post drafts, not publish to the front page.
15) Intelligent text formatting
16) Multiple authors
28) Ping away : WordPress supports pinging Ping-O-Matic, which means maximum exposure for your blog to search engines.
Some Striking Features about Webuzo :
1) System Apps like PHP, PERL, Python, NGinx, Apache, MySQL, MongDB, Java, etc. which can be installed by the click of a button.
2) Domain Management (Domain Name Server), FTP Management, Database Management
3) Multiple PHP versions, Switching between Apache and NGINX, SSL Certificate Management
4) Email Server – Email accounts of existing domains can be created.