Here comes a Good News for the Webuzo users still running Webuzo 2.0.6 to enjoy the benefit of installing a wide variety of system applications like Nginx, Lighttpd, Multiple versions of PHP, switch among webservers, CSF Firewall, etc. by a click of a button from the Webuzo Enduser Panel.
The wait for the Webuzo 2.0.6 users to upgrade to the latest version of Webuzo i.e Webuzo 2.1.0 onwards has now come to an end.
This article will give a quick step-wise procedure to upgrade from Webuzo 2.0.6 to the Webuzo 2.1.0 onwards.
1) Running the Upgrade Tool on Webuzo version other than Webuzo 2.0.6 can cause the server to crash.
2) It is strongly recommended that a backup of the entire machine is taken. (VPS Backup, etc)
3) Also, take a backup of configuration changes if any (e.g Apache Conf, PHP Conf, MySQL conf).
4) Webuzo Upgrade Tool cleans up the older AMP(Apache/MySQL/PHP) Stack and sets up the latest Webuzo AMP Stack.
1) Current Webuzo Version should be 2.0.6.
If it is lower than Webuzo 2.0.6 , kindly upgrade to the latest version of it’s branch i.e Webuzo 2.0.6
2) Root privileges required.
1) Upload the contents of the Webuzo 2.0.6 upgrade.zip to the server which includes the files upgrade.sh and wupgrade.inc
2) Execute the following commands from the terminal:
chmod 0755 upgrade.sh
The upgrade process will begin immediately. It may seem that the upgrade process has stopped, if your network speed is slow,
but please let it continue.
Note : A log file of the installation process will be created – /root/webuzo-upgrade.log
3) On Success, restart the Webuzo Service as follows to avoid any Startup failures.
service webuzo restart
If Tomcat (Java) is installed through Webuzo the following guide will assist you to migrate to the latest Apache Tomcat deployment.
Guide : Apache Tomcat Deployment
1) Check for the Service from the Webuzo Enduser Panel >> Services Menu. Guide
2) It is recommended that the services are restarted either from the Panel itself or from the terminal.
That’s it !!! Enjoy the new Webuzo
Open a Support Ticket with the server details if you face any issue.