This guide provides a step by step tutorial to configure email accounts to work on Roundcube
Webuzo allows users to create email account for their domains by deploying the Email Server (Exim + Dovecot) by a click of a button. Exim and Dovecot can be installed from the Webuzo Enduser Panel >> Apps >> Utilities Category.
Quick Guide: http://www.webuzo.com/wiki/Install_System_Apps
Users can freely create as many email accounts required for the domains added to their Webuzo Panel.
Quick Guide: http://webuzo.com/wiki/Add_Email_Account
Webuzo provides Rainloop as the default Webmail to access emails of the accounts created from the Webuzo Enduser Panel.
Quick Guide: http://webuzo.com/wiki/Access_Emails
Once you have created Email Accounts using the tutorials mentioned above. Here is a stepwise guide to configure Roundcube for email accounts created using Webuzo.
Roundcube – Free webmail for the masses. Roundcube webmail is a browser-based multilingual IMAP client with an application-like user interface. It provides full functionality you expect from an e-mail client, including MIME support, address book, folder manipulation, message searching and spell checking.
- Dovecot and Exim installed on Webuzo. Restart the services for once.
Root > service exim restart
Root > service dovecot restart
- Configuration Settings
=> IMAP Server : example.com (Domain Name)
=> IMAP PORT : 993
=> Connection Type : SSL
=> SMTP Server : example.com (Domain Name)
=> SMTP PORT : 465
=> Connection Type : SSL
Email Account Details
=> Email Account : [email protected]
=> Password : password
The following steps will guide you to configure Roundcube
1) Login to Webuzo Enduser Panel and navigate to Roundcube in the Mails Category.
2) Click on the install steps and fill in the necessary details i.e domain name of the email account, IMAP and SMTP ports as 993 and 465 respectively. Also select SSL as Connection Type for both IMAP and SMTP as shown in below image.
3) Once all details filled in, click on the Install button while Softaculous Webuzo will download and install Roundcube for you.
4) Access and Login to the Roundcube installation with the username and password of the email account created earlier.
5) That’s it. Enjoy emailing.
Hope the information was enough to help you configure Webuzo Emails on Roundcube.
Common Problems :
1) Temporary Connection Failure Confirm that the Dovecot and Exim Services are running on your server.
Since it is a temporary issue, a restart is recommended.
Restart your Exim and Dovecot services from the Webuzo Enduser Panel >> Services Menu
Quick Guide : http://webuzo.com/wiki/Restart_services