This guide shows you how to Add a 301 & 302 Redirects in Webuzo. A 301 redirect means that the page has permanently moved to a new location. A 302 redirect means that the move is only temporary. To a user they seem to work the same way, but they aren’t the same as far as search engines are concerned. Search engines sense the different types of redirects, and handle them differently. If the wrong type of redirect has been set up, search engines may become confused, resulting in a loss of traffic.
You can Add a Redirect from your Webuzo Enduser Panel > Domain > Redirects
Screenshot : Redirects
- Populate the Fields and Click Add Redirect to ADD a domain redirect rule from Webuzo.
For e.g : example.com
- Select the Domain from the drop down box.
- Populate the input field with the Path to the particular directory you wish to redirect. If you want your top level domain to redirect than keep it blank.
- Select the Type of redirection you wish to add for the above domain from the drop down box.
- Populate the input field with the Address i.e. the URL you wish your domain to redirect. For e.g. http://webuzotest.com
- Click on ADD Redirect to see a success message like this.
- Select Domain – Specify the Domain to Add the domain redirect.
- Path – Specify the name of the file or directory of the domain you wish to redirect. If you want your top level domain to redirect than keep it blank.
- Type – Specify the TYPE of Redirect you wish to add (301 / 302)
- Address – Specify the url to which you wish to redirect.
- This redirection cannot be used to redirect your domain from http protocol to https protocol.
- The permanent redirection when removed shall be removed from Webuzo records but shall remain in the browser. You yourself will have to remove it from the browser’s cache.
- This utility should not be used for redirection within the same domain.